2x Dreamcatcher 2x Chinook Haze
I bought these strains a couple months ago via reverse auctions (love that feature), and popped a couple each after my first indoor grow was finished. They were both germinated at the beginning of the month, but the Dreamcatchers were like 2 days later breaking the soil than the Chinook Haze. That said, the Haze did stretch a bit upon breaking ground (I use a rubbermaid tote with CFL for germination). I am going to be chronicling the grow on growdiaries (there are a couple GPS diaries on there, and I want to add a couple more), but will do my best to update at least weekly here.
Dreamcatcher from today, 6/21. They broke ground on 6/4, so are 2 days behind the Chinook Haze. Both Dreamcatchers followed by DC#1 then DC#2
And for some of the basic information. I am growing in a 3x3 tent lighted by HLG QB132 v1 boards (4 pack) driven by a Meanwell 240-1750B driver (~255w at max power). I am growing in Mother Earth Coco Peat (used it my first grow, and have no complaints, so I believe I am going to stick with it, though I could change up I pot up). I am hoping to transplant twice, and not have the need for any fertilizer during veg, and will look into options for flower, such as using 'super soil' at the base of the final pot or other options, but am not against using fertilizers, just wanting to try other options.
My intent is to manifold/mainline the plants and get 8 nice colas going before flipping to flower. I used a scrog my first grow, and while it was effective, I had little room to work under the net, and had trouble pruning/defoliating, and left lots of larfy bud.
It wouldn't allow me to upload a video, so this is the best I can do. Here is a quick vid of the 4 plants, Chinook Haze 1 then 2, and then Dreamcatcher 1 then 2.
7/31 photos. I have never had to check preflowers before, and not well versed, aside from a google search, but it appears both Dreamcatcher may be female, and the Chinook Haze 1 I'm unsure, and 2 kinda looks male. Will find out by time we flip to flower!
I found an organic soil mix from MaximumYield that I mixed yesterday, and am going to let cook for a couple weeks until we transplant into final 5 gallon homes, which I will fill with my made soil. Using that, even though I may use a tea, it will mean this entire grow will be without synthetics, as I have been water only thus far to date, and will be continuing. The recipe I found was:
nhanced fruit/flower potting soil recipe
This soil recipe is designed for plants that are ready to fruit or flower. In particular, this recipe works great for ornamentals that are already in bloom and for fast-growing annuals that are entering their fruiting or flowering stage.
1/2 cu. ft. (60 cups) sphagnum peat moss
1/4 cu. ft. (30 cups) coco coir
1/4 cu. ft. (30 cups) compost
1/4 cu. ft. (30 cups) perlite
10 cups pumice
5 cups worm castings
3 cups bat guano (high phosphorus)
1 cup fish bone meal
1 cup oyster shell
1/2 cup seabird guano
1/4 cup alfalfa meal
1/4 cup fish meal
2 tbsp. langbeinite
1 tbsp. glacier rock dust
I used PromixBX for the peat (64 cups/4 gallons), I had some Mother Earth Coco Peat I used for the coco section (32 cups/2 gallons), since itself would add some nutritional value for the plants, and I used manure instead of compost (again 2 gallons). Since the Promix and Coco Peat had perlite, as well as my store only carrying 4 cu ft bags, I opted to just add pumice, and put 1 gallon of that in. It seemed to add enough aeration, without making it too much. I am sure I could have got away with adding more, but I didn't want to make it so I have to water too often. I upped the castings to 8 cups. I did not use bat guano, but instead opted for ~3.5 cups (the full 2.2lb bag was close to that) , instead using seabird guano which was 0-11-0 or close to that. I used regular bone meal instead of fish bone meal, and the alfalfa meal smelled too good, so I put 1/2 cup instead of 1/4 cup in. Last thing was a boo boo, but I wasn't paying close enough attention when adding the ingredients and accidentally put 1 cup instead of 1/4 cup of fish meal. I assume I will be close to 2 weeks away from transplanting, and while ideally I'd let the soil sit longer, I will be giving it a go at that point.